Becoming a member of Garden Savings Federal Credit Union is full of advantages that are hard to find at traditional banks. When you become a member of Garden Savings, you become an owner as well. Each member of the credit union owns shares in our financial cooperative.
As a not-for-profit institution, instead of pocketing profits, any would-be profits go back into the credit union in the form of:
- Lower loan rates
- Higher deposit rates
- A range of value-added educational, financial, and coverage product offerings
- Convenient access to your money
If you are an employee of one of our Select Employer Groups, or a relative of an employee, or a member of one of the listed organizations within our field of membership, then you are eligible to join Garden Savings Federal Credit Union. Persons who are retired as pensioners or annuitants of these organizations as well as volunteers at these organizations are also eligible.
You are also eligible for membership if you live, work, worship, attend school, volunteer or regularly conduct business in Newark, Elizabeth, or Jersey City. Your family members are eligible as well. (Businesses and other legal entities included.)
Don't see an immediate way to join Garden Savings? Become a member of the American Consumer Council! You can fill out the application easily online and use the member code "garden" to avoid any membership fees. Joining the American Consumer Council gives you automatic eligibility to become a member of Garden Savings.
Why offer Garden Savings Federal Credit Union as part of your Employee Benefits Package? Why not? Credit Union Membership is an absolutely FREE way to enhance your employee benefit package. There is no cost to the employer or the employee to add the benefit of credit union membership to your portfolio of benefits.
In this day and age, employers need to provide a comprehensive benefits package in order to both attract and retain quality employees. Let the benefit of credit union membership at Garden Savings boost your package today!
See a full list of reasons why signing up for partnership is beneficial to your business.
Benefits of Signing Up for a Partnership
Enhance your company's employee benefits package by signing up for a partnership with Garden Savings Federal Credit Union!
- Offering a credit union is a NO COST benefit with a high perceived value.
- Your employees can begin membership by opening a savings account with as little as $5.00
- Your employees will benefit from low rate loans to help them save money
- Your employees will benefit from higher dividends on various types of savings accounts to help them make money.
- Your employees will pay lower fees as compared to banks and other financial institutions to help them save money.
- Surveys have proved that employees consider access to a credit union a valuable employee benefit.
- There are over 7000 credit unions in the United States and over 200 in New Jersey alone. Credit unions serve millions of people throughout the country and serve them well as evidenced by the high satisfaction levels that credit union members report in national surveys.
- Membership is FREE, once a member joins, they can remain a member for life!
- We offer Lunch & Learn meetings and custom marketing packages for your organization. We market to your wants and needs, either at your location or ours.
- Your employees will benefit from FREE financial seminars. When your employees are faced with complex decisions such as applying for the right mortgage, or educating their children about the value of earning and spending money, Garden Savings can offer solutions to help.
- Your employees are invited to a complimentary credit evaluation. Our experienced loan officers will evaluate their current financial situation, and make recommendations that will enhance how they manage their credit and savings plans.
- For your employees who are in the market for a new vehicle, our Motor Vehicle Certification Program helps to make buying a vehicle easy and hassle free. With a pre-approved loan from the credit union and pre-negotiated price from a reputable dealer, your employees will never have to worry about whether or not they are getting a good deal!
- Employees can benefit from a totally free checking account with no minimum daily balance requirements, no monthly service charges, no transaction charges, and no ATM charges from Garden Savings, free debit cards, free checks, and free home banking with free bill pay service.
- Employees with no established credit can apply for an unsecured loan or Visa credit card and may be approved for up to $1,000 to begin establishing credit.
- Employees who are denied a loan with Garden Savings are counseled by a loan specialist. The employee will find out why they did not qualify and be provided with guidance on how to improve their credit-worthiness
- To become a sponsor group simply prepare a letter on your letterhead paper similar to our sample letter. Please fax it to Michael Powers our Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at (973) 316-0317 or email it in PDF format to [email protected], and then mail us the original.
- To assist you in introducing our Credit Union to employees, we will provide you with an announcement memo that you can distribute. We will then schedule a time, at your convenience, for a representative to deliver a more formal presentation and give employees the opportunity to complete a membership application and join the credit union instantly.
- You will receive individualized service from a dedicated relationship manager to assist you in promoting the credit union as an important employee benefit.
- You and your employees will have access to a variety of products & services including mortgages, home equity loans, all types of consumer loans, and all types of depository accounts.
To become a sponsor group, simply prepare a letter on your letterhead paper similar to our sample letter. Please fax it to Michael Powers, our Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, at (973) 316-0317 or email it in PDF format to [email protected], and then mail us the original.
How to Join
If you are eligible for personal membership, you can apply for membership online.
If you are an organization and are eligible for company membership, please click here to complete and submit a Participating Organization Letter.
Once you have completed the online membership application and opened your Membership Savings account with as little as $5 (secures membership with us), you can take the next step of transferring your accounts over to us. Make the full switch to Garden Savings today!
Offer Garden Savings at Your Organization
Boost the morale of your employees by offering Garden Savings at your organization!
- Cost-free way to enhance your employee benefit package
- Studies have shown that financially cared for employees are generally happier and more loyal
- We can tailor marketing of our services however it best fits for your employees
For more details or to arrange a meeting, please contact:
Mr. Tom Quigley
Business Development Manager