Frequently Asked Questions
1. What equipment and software do I need to access the Home Banking product?
You will need an Internet Service Provider (ISP), a modem or other high-speed connection (the faster the better, but at least 28,800 band is recommended), and Browser software which supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. For best results, it is important that you use the most recent software release.
2. Is the Internet safe and secure for online banking?
Yes. We use the highest level of security available for Internet transactions.
3. Can anyone else see my account information?
No. Your online account information is available through access methods that have been rigorously tested for security accessibility. Only you can access your account by using your Sign-On ID and Pass Code. We also provide multi-factor authentication for added security.
You can help safeguard your information by protecting your Sign-On ID and Pass Code. Your Sign-On ID and Pass Code is the only way to get access into your account. Please take caution to keep this information secure and to Sign off after each use.
4. What if Home Banking goes down? Will my payments be made, will my transfers go through?
If Home Banking and all of our back up systems were to go down, you can be confident that any transaction which you had already processed prior to the system going down, will go through. If you were in the middle of a transaction and there is some question as to whether the system has received your transaction, you may contact the credit union to ensure your transaction request has been accepted.
5. What types of accounts are included in Home Banking?
- Share Certificates
6. Can I have more than one checking account linked to Home Banking?
Yes. You can link all of your checking accounts to Home Banking.
7. How current is this information?
All transactions and balance updates are performed once each business day. Therefore, any transactions you complete today will affect your balance (i.e. deposits, ATM withdrawals, etc.), will appear in your balance on our next business day. Certain ATM transactions may take longer periods to clear, and will not be deducted from your account balance until the transactions have cleared.
8. How much does it cost to use Home Banking and Bill Pay?
We offer both of these services for FREE.
9. Does Home Banking work with Quicken?
Absolutely. Home Banking was designed to be highly compatible with this popular software.
10. I can view other areas of your web site but I can’t get into Home Banking. What’s wrong?
If you are able to view other areas of our web site, but are unable to access Garden Savings Federal Credit Union Home Banking, it may indicate that you are having a problem accessing secured sites in general. Both your browser and Internet Service Provider must support secured sites. Refer to the requirements for using Home Banking. Using other browsers may prevent access to Home Banking. Another reason that you may not be able to access Home Banking is that your cookies may not be enabled. In order to enter the secure encrypted site you must accept the cookies. To enable cookies for Internet Explorer:
- Click on start
- Click on setting
- Select control panel
- Click on “Internet Options” icon
- Click on the tab marked “security”
- Click on “custom” level
- Scroll down to cookies and click the radio button to enable cookies
- For Netscape Navigator:
- Open Netscape
- From edit menu, select “preferences”
- Click on “advanced”
- Under cookies select “Accept all Cookies”
11. What number do I call if I lose my Visa Check Link Debit Card or ATM Card?
Report lost or stolen cards immediately by calling 1-800-523-4175. This number is located on the back of your card.
12. What do I do if I forget my PIN number?
If you forget your PIN, you can request a PIN reminder that will be mailed to you.
13. Will I be charged an ATM fee when I use my Garden Savings Visa Check Link Debit Card at a foreign ATM?
Garden Savings FCU will not charge you a fee. The owner of the ATM may charge a fee (however, if you open a Diamond Checking account with direct deposit, these fees are refunded up to $20 per month.) You can also take note of ways to avoid surcharge fees altogether by either utilizing our own proprietary ATMs or visiting your local supermarket, most CVS stores, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and others that give allow you to receive cash back when you make a purchase with your Visa Checklink Debit Card. You must tell the cashier that you want it put through as a debit purchase in order to get cash back. Also keep in mind that when you need to pay for something, your GSFCU Visa CheckLink Debit Card is accepted wherever Visa is accepted.
14. What is the Credit Union’s routing or ABA Transit number so that I can direct deposit to my accounts?
221278954 (for wire transfers please refer to incoming wire instructions)
15. Are the funds that I have on deposit in my Garden Savings FCU account insured?
Credit Union funds are insured by our regulatory and insuring governing agency, The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The basic insured deposit account amount per member is $ 250,000. Thus a member may hold or have an interest in more than one type of an insured account for an insured total in excess of $250,000. We provide additional insurance as well through Excess Share Insurance (ESI) for $250,000, bringing your total to a remarkable $500,000! For further details, call Garden Savings FCU at (888) 554-9328.
16. Can other members of my family join the Credit Union?
Yes, we encourage your entire immediate family to join. Any immediate family members or those who live in the same household as you are eligible for membership.
17. If I leave my sponsoring company, will I still be a member of the credit union?
Once a member, always a member: Once you join you may remain a member for life, even if you change jobs, relocate, or retire.
18. I’ve lost my Visa Credit Card. Who Should I notify?
You should report this at 1-800-237-6211, a line that is covered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This number is also located on the back of your card.
19. Is there a penalty for pre-paying my loan at GSFCU?
No, there is no prepayment penalty on any loan product at your Credit Union.
20. What is your holiday schedule?
Garden Savings FCU is closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
21. How do I register for Bill Payment?
Registering for Bill Payment is straightforward: The first time you access Bill Payment, you will be prompted to accept Garden Savings FCU disclosure statement (terms and conditions).
22. When Can I start using Bill Payment?
Within two to three business days the applicant receives an activation e-mail, that they can access Bill Payment. Once you receive that e-mail, you are clear to begin paying your bills.
23. Who handles customer support for Bill Payment?
Metavante is the bill pay provider and may be contacted by telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-823-7555
24. What if my account information is incorrect?
To change your address and phone number, you may contact Garden Savings Federal Credit Union directly. To update your e-mail you may log into your Online Banking and click on the options tool. To update your address and phone number, please click on Other Services then Address Change.