The Garden Savings Federal Credit Union Supervisory Committee is a volunteer position responsible for ensuring that the Board of Directors and the management of the Credit Union safeguard the organization’s assets while remaining compliant with applicable laws and regulations. This position is a volunteer position directly accountable to the members and the Board of Directors.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Supervisory Committee Members embrace and promote our organizational values and act ethically, proactively and with integrity on both a personal and financial front in all matters. We encourage robust, collaborative discourse and partnerships while working in conjunction with other members of the Supervisory Committee and the Garden Savings leadership team. A candidate may have a strong background in Financial Services including but not limited to: Accounting, Compliance, Risk Management or Finance. If chosen you will engage collaboratively for the common end goal of our membership and work with the Credit Union Management team to select the external auditor and interface with the industry regulator (NCUA).
- Member in good standing of GSFCU, with active member engagement, or related credit union membership and experience, with appreciation and understanding of the cooperative credit union philosophy.
- Knowledge and experience in an organizational governance role.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide and receive feedback.
- Team player with proven ability to foster collaboration, willingness to share opinions, debate, compromise, and ultimately, speak with one voice when the Supervisory Committee has made a collective decision.
- Must be bondable by the Credit Union’s fidelity bond company.
- Must authorize and have satisfactory results of a criminal background check and credit check.
- Must be willing to attend quarterly Supervisory Committee meetings.
- Must be willing to attend monthly Board meetings, Annual meeting of the membership, annual planning sessions, industry training/conferences and other meetings when requested.
Once completed and signed please send to our Executive Admin, Gail MacNaughton via email at [email protected] for review.